Meeting software brings people together, it enables people from all the different corners of the world to be able to attend the same meeting, discussing important matters and make life changing (and career changing) decisions, without needing to jump on a plane or pay for costly functions and hotel rooms.
Getting people together is one of the largest single expenses of the big multi national companies, and let’s face it, it’s all relative, because some smaller companies can still struggle to have all of their sales force or management team in the same place at the same time, not without losing lots of valuable time in traveling and so on anyway, so meeting software has made it possible for people from all corners of the globe to join in with the discussions and decision making processes – how’s that for progress?
Meeting Software isn’t only useful for “management” type decisions either, how about if you could meet up with an important client and discuss a major deal, not by jumping on a plane and wining and dining at the top restaurants, but by hooking up with some software – it really can help to streamline business, not to mention improve profitability.
If you don’t have any meeting software within your business, then it’s high time you got your hands on some.
Web Conferencing Software is a brilliant way to bring people together from offices all over the world, or even within the same building, they can simply join in with the meeting without leaving their desk! All that’s needed for the most simple of web conferencing software is an internet connection, and maybe a web cam or two if you want to be able to see each others face – the look on someones face can tell you a lot about what they’re thinking and whether they really do like your innovative cost cutting ideas! The camera never lies.
Meeting Software has other benefits too. Imagine in the “olden days” when you had to jump on a train at some unearthly “early o’clock” to get to head office for that important management meeting – your train is just pulling out of the station and …t (oh dear!) in your hurry to catch the train you’ve left all of your last months sales figures and that important report you’ve been working on for the last 3 weeks on the kitchen table. Not ideal is it?
Meeting Software means that you can sit at your own desk, with all of your files, documents, reports and packed lunch handy, just where it should be. Of course, if you work with people from the other side of the world, somebody is going to have to keep strange hours, but it’s a small price to pay really for the benefits gained.
Meeting Software can make life so much easier. Let’s take another scenario, it’s the day of the big meeting, you’ve been working on your figures for months and now’s the time to share your innovative ideas, but you wake up with a streaming cold, you’ve got a bad head and every time you stand up out of bed it makes you nauseous. Well, why not stay exactly where you are and join in with your web conferencing software – you might want to ditch the web cam for this one, unless you want the whole world to see your spiderman pajamas, or at least fuzzy the lens a little.
Uses for Meeting Software
There might be more reasons for you to get some meeting software than you at first thought of, it really does have lots of uses:
- Meeting software for inter company meetings – we’ve pretty much covered this above but it’s really the main use why any company would use a meeting software package.
- Meeting software for IT Support – a teacher or an IT technician, for example, can host paid lessons and teach pupils from all around the world, without even leaving home in the mornings.
- Meeting software for sales meetings – imagine being able to deliver the same sales pitch to numerous customers all around the world, at the same time. This just gets better and better, you can clinch a number of deals in one day – hmm, think of the commission possibilities.
- Meeting software for customer support – ok, you’ve sold your product to all corners of the globe in one fell swoop, but what about problems – with meeting software your company can set up a great customer support network so you can easily sort out their problems – they can chat to you live and even see you (remember to brush your hair!) How much better is that than a telephone help line – your customer support will be so much better than that of your competitors (if you’re the first in, that is)
Meeting Software Options
Of course, when you start looking for meeting software for your company or business, you’ll soon discover that there are plenty of options and it can seem almost impossible to find the right package for your needs. Here are a few of the options you might come across:
- Webex is one of the most widely used meeting software packages today, in fact, the name has almost come to be synonymous with online meetings, a bit like Google or Hoover have in other walks of life. Quick and easy to download, it boasts most of the features that an online presenter could need.
- GoToMeeting is based really on screen sharing or application sharing, and gives the presenter the opportunity to control what the attendees can see. Again it’s remarkably quick and easy to download, easy to use and a very useful meeting software tool.
- Microsoft Live Meeting gives all of the users the same facilities which are only usually available to the presenter, so it can be much more interactive. Anybody involved can upload content to the meeting room at any time, either prior to or as the meeting unfolds.